
On Tuesday we went to the
Teton National Park. We rode a boat across Jenny Lake, and hiked up to the Hidden Falls, and the Inspiration Point. Amazing scenery! That night we hung out a little in Jackson shopping, watching a
gun show in the town square, and sipping Huckleberry soda.

Wednesday we went to Yellowstone National Park. We were in the car a lot that day, but what a beautiful drive. We got to stretch our legs at a few points though. We saw Yellowstone's Grand Canyon (above) where Hailey discovered the reason for the name "Yellow"stone. The walls of the canyon were colored yellow from the
sulfur. We also saw lots of
sulfur pots and other neat geological wonders. Wildlife was everywhere. Most of our animal
sightings were on this day. We saw loads of buffalo, elk, moose, a mama bear and her cub, pelicans, bald eagles, deer, snakes,
cranes, ducks, geese, osprays, trout, chickmunks, squirrels, crows.... I think that's it! We spent all of Thursday touring the gysers and hot springs near Old Faithful as well as a nice hike to the Mystic Falls. We drove through Firehole Canyon and saw the falls and wished we had our swimming suits to swim in the river. We stopped for dinner and a play in West Yellowstone that night.
Friday we started our way back home with a nice rest stop in Lava Hot Springs were we relaxed in the hot springs. Saturday we were so glad to be home! (We listened to Artimus Fowl audio book, by the way. Really fun book!) Overall it was a great vacation!
4 comments:
So pretty. So Fun. Wish I went
I want a copy of the cute family photos. It sounds like you had a great time. You have spent a good portion of your summer outdoors. You are a brave happy camper. I can't wait to hear more details of your fun. I will call you, love you.
It looks like so much fun! I love your family photos from the trip too, especially your new header photo for the blog. Very nice! :)
Adam....the mustache looks um....awesome. haha!
Post a Comment