Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Little Holiday Cheer


A little bit of holiday cheer was delivered to me by the UPS man...my camera! It's fixed now and just in time for Christmas. Although we haven't been able to document our life with pictures, we have been living!

Leah, Dallin, and I went to eat breakfast with Santa. They even concented to sit on his lap but only because he gave them candy. Obviously, Dallin is not happy!

Of course,Hailey and Alec didn't think it was cool to go, so they stayed home. They have been very not fun this year with the whole Santa thing. (They discovered Santa's secret last year. Hailey, who has always been very inquisitive, figured it out on her own. Alec, on the other hand, takes things very literally. So when Hailey let him in on the secret, he was pretty hurt that we "tricked" him and we had a lot of explaining to do.) This year they know everything they are getting and it's really annoying. It takes a lot of the fun out of it!

We have tried to keep it really simple over the years and have stuck to the 3 gift idea: one from Santa, one from Mom and Dad, and their Christmas Eve gift. But Kaysha suggested some additional meaning that I think fits perfectly. She said that a friend of hers does the same thing but compared it to the three gifts that the wise men brought the Baby Jesus. I love that, and have added that that to our tradition.

Alec is playing the Viola this year at the Jr. High. He performed great and is really picking it up quickly.






5 comments:

Thill family said...

What a great picture! Alec did a good job, I am sure at the concert. By the way, you do have tweens, they have to look cool about the Santa stuff. Jeez mom...as they roll their eyes. I am so glad I am your friend and very grateful for the gift idea that we have incorporated this year. Since we are starting out I like the the comparison of the wise men too. Thanks Kaysha and kenice!

Heidi D said...

Lindsay is still a firm believer. I have my suspicions with Abbey, but if I bring it up she insists she believes and wants the subject dropped. Glad you got your camera back! :)

Heather said...

I'm dreading having to tell the girls. I can't believe they still believe - or at least they haven't admitted that they don't, hehe! They've talked about friends at school who have told them the secret, but say they believe in him anyway. I think we can squeak one more year out of B and another two or so with the twins. I'll be sad when they all know, though, I have so much fun with it :D

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't anyone ever let me in on the Santa thing? I am 52 years old and I still believe. In fact I am sure that the spirit of Santa is alive and well. The older kids have a ball if they get to share with the secrets. Remember the magic of Christmas lies is our hearts. I got that from my talking Santa. Great Grandma will be proud of Alec for taking up a string instrument.

Dad said...

What secret? Did I miss a memo??