Friday, September 19, 2008

Smughes Family Reunion

This past weekend was our annual Smughes Family Reunion. We all had so much fun! I only wish that it could have been longer. We had a great time hiking, eating, talking and singing around the campfire, and just enjoying each others company. We were also able to participate in a challenge course, which was a blast!

First we has to gear up,


then climb up a gigantic tree.

It was pretty tricky to climb onto the cable.


The cable was connected to two trees that were about 20 yards apart.

When we got to the other tree, we repelled down. It was so fun! Alec, Adam and I finished the course, but Leah and Hailey were a bit too short so they just rock climbed and repelled down the first tree. Everyone did great, and it was fun to cheer everyone on and overcome fears.


I sure love my family!

5 comments:

Kaysha Alesa said...

Cute post Niener. Love and Miss you. Can not wait to do it again! 2010!

Dad said...

That's the perfect picture for your fam, 'Nice. ;)

I'm with Waynsh - "Do It Again In 2010!"

New slogan. Should we vote on it? :D

Anonymous said...

I love the new family photo. It's kinda funny how everyone but Kenice is pulling a face. The flowers and everything match the clothes. Boy, Kaysha is good. It was a great time. I think I missed out on some fun by staying at camp while you were at the challenge. Next time.

Hollie said...

Cute pictures! I especially love your new family picture up top. What is Adam looking at? Do you have all the other pictures too? Anxious to see if my fam pics turned out.

Mika said...

How fun! And I love the new photo at the top of your blog too. :)