
We haven't had all that much going on lately except for trying to keep my feet out of my mouth. I have a knack for opening my mouth and letting it all spill out. The other day I met a new lady at church who is a beautiful lady who I assumed was Latin (she is Texan!). She spoke with what I thought was an accent, but now that I think back on it, I probably was wrong about that too. She had a darling little baby and so I asked her what his name was. "Amos," she answered. I didn't here her quite right and repeated what I thought I heard just to make sure I had heard the right name. "Anus?" I said (ya, I really said that). And just as it was spilling out of my mouth, I heard what I said...Oh, that's bad... Her laugh confirmed my mistake! I can still taste the dirt of my foot that I placed in my mouth ; ). It looks like I need to brush up on my English!
10 comments:
If you ever want to feel good about that foot in your mouth, let me tell you about the foot I insert into my mouth.. take out.. and re-insert. In fact, call me and I will tell you a story about what I said in front of my Boss' Boss. Hmmm. NO BUENO.
ha ha!! You are so funny!! It's all good though!! I "open mouth, insert foot" almost everyday...sometimes on several occasions. ;D haha!!! anyway, love ya! Did you get the message about no volleyball thursday? BUMMER!!!
that is hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised though, finding a baby in Utah or some black child in Alabama named Anus should be expected. :)
I was sure you had some kind of Hispanic side to you when I first met you. Your family are some of the tannest white people I have ever met!
I'd like to see how you pronounce Uranus, 'Nice. :D
Wow, what a great laugh. thanks. Ask Crysta about her foot in mouth with her corporate visitor last week. You will feel better. hehehehehehehehehehheheh, thanks again for the laugh.
I am still Laughing after the first time you told me. I am sorry, my dear friend, but to see the look on your face as you told the story was priceless....love to you
It's about time you posted and you never fail to make me laugh with your posts. That is freakin hilarious. If you want a good laugh, click on Jan's link from my blog and read her visiting teaching post.
Oh my goodness!!! That is the funniest mistake I have heard in some time. :) Glad to hear that she laughed though... so at least it wasn't that bad.
I love coming to your blog and seeing your new posts... oh wait.
Are you going to post again Miss Kenice? I know you've got fun things to write about, your in most of your sisters posts as a contributer. So, um, do you want me to beg? PLEASE!!
Post a Comment