Sunday, June 28, 2009

Breather...



May and June were so busy they just flew by! I feel like I have a chance to take a breather... so, here is a brief summary of the past couple months:

May: I think I'm a little nuts, but I was the Bronco Day Volunteer Coordinator for our elementary school (had to recruit over 50 volunteers), and I chaired Field Day (Found 30 more volunteers), and tried to get girls camp (I am the camp director in my ward) planned and ready. I am a Wolf Den Leader as well, so that kept me busy as well. (My house was seriously neglected! Hopefully the kids didn't feel that way as well.)
End of School with all the activities! A quick trip to St. George for Kaysha's graduation from Southern Utah University.

June: My birthday was fun with lots of birthday wishes from everyone. Thank you! Girls Camp came so fast this year! We went during the third week of June, and the weather was rainy! The girls in my ward are so amazing though, and I didn't hear a single complaint! So awesome. We had a beautiful day on Friday, just in time for the hikes and testimony meeting at night. Throughout the week we would have occasional breaks from the rain, and it was always right when we really needed it. I remember one day at the lake, when the girls were about to have their races, the skies cleared for a moment. I was talking to another leader and said,"See, the Lord loves us!" I just meant to say it casually, but I had to turn my face to hide the tears that came to my eyes. I felt a confirmation to that statement! He does love us!

So back at the nest, my kids were having a blast! All my sisters took such good care of them, it was like a vacation! Thanks to all my sisters for caring for my kids.

Alec and Hailey just spent a week at Grandma's house in St. George. Well, I really don't know who had them more, Aunt Kaysha or Grandma. They had a blast and love it so much down there. Alec is set on living there when he grows up.

The sun finally came out in Utah, and summer is here. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Heidi D said...

SHE LIVES!!!

So glad to hear from you my friend. I tried to talk to you on your birthday. Alas, no such luck. I hope you were ok with a birthday message instead.

Next year, our girls will be going to girls camp for the first time... sigh.

I hope you have a great summer. Looks like I will be working through mine. :(

Anonymous said...

Nice to see a post from my busy daughter. You even think of others when you have time to take a breather. We love you.