Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Breaking Tradition









After the Orem City Days Parade, Adam and I felt very content with our parade intake for the summer. It was nice and cool since it was in the evening, and not nearly as crowded as the 4th of July Parade in Provo. So we decided to break the tradition of going to the parade on the 4th and went camping instead. We went to Mirror Lake in the Uinta Mountains and hiked to Ruth Lake the following day. As you can see, it was beautiful!!

12 comments:

kayla said...

My cabin is totaly like...19 miles away from Mirror lake! :) It is really beautiful up there! :)
love ya!

Dad said...

Looks beautiful. I remember some of those areas. 'NICE, YOU HAVE A BLOG!! :)

Kaysha Alesa said...

Yeah!!! You have a blog. These pics are so pretty!! You must take me here.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! More fodder for the blogstockers, or as dad says, for the grandfadder and the grandmodder. Great pictures. Our kids and grandkids are sooo cute.

Hollie said...

Yeah Neenie! I'm so glad you are joining the blogging crew! These pictures are amazing.

Heather said...

So cute!!! Haha, Kenice has been sucked in!

Geez, I haven't been to Ruth Lake and Mirror Lake in... *cough* 16 years. Still as beautiful as ever.

Shlina said...

Yay! We can totally be blogging sisters. Those pictures are beautiful! I probably would have broken the tradition too for those mountains.

Mitsy said...

Welcome to the club Kenice! Love ya!

Mika said...

Cute photos! :) It looks like a fun time, and I think it's great that you have a blog too.

Seems like everyone is finally getting a blog just when I am kind of burned out of the whole thing (it's been about 5 years now since I started my first one)!

Can't wait to see more and keep up with you all.

Heidi D said...

That looks so cool! We spent the 4th on Mason Lake. My uncle has a couple of lake houses on it. My uncle has a video of the weekend on his blog. Mikeymix.com it has stuff of Abbey and Lindsay on it too. And we had a karaoke party at my uncles house on the 5th. There is another video with Lindsay singing with my mom and some pictures of Jeff and I. I think Abbey is in it too. You should check it out. Hailey would probably like to see it too.

Mika said...

That place looks unreal actually! I love going up there.

Ran into Julie today at Target. We need to try to have a get together sometime soon, maybe at the park again. :)

Becky said...

Kenice-

Woohoo! Pictures and everything now! It looks like you guys had a great time and it brought back a bunch of great memories of freezing together on our adventure hikes! Remember our Uinta trip! :) Man I miss those days.
Hey, my blog is iceiceitbaby.blogspot.com