Sunday, August 2, 2009

Leah turns 8

Leah turned eight on July 25th and yesterday she was baptized! It was such a wonderful day. She was so happy to be baptized a member of the Church that she was beaming as she came out to the water. While I was helping her change her clothes, she said, "that was fun!" The program was wonderful and I appreciate all of those who participated. My dad and Aunt Karen played a beautiful musical number (my dad on the piano and Karen on the Cello). Alec gave a wonderful talk too.

Leah decided to have a Theater Party for her birthday. Hailey did this with her friends last year, and so Leah wanted to do it too. We had an acting game before the movies (acting out their favorite movie line) so that the guests could earn the "money" to buy tickets and concessions. They all did great and earned $25 in play money. We had a concession stand that Hailey and Alec helped me with complete with popcorn, soda, and candy. Leah made a movie sign displaying the feature title and we set up chairs for each guest in our "theater." We ate cake after the movie and played "movie tag" till the guests were picked up. Leah wanted to have only cousins there, so we invited the ones that were close to her age. We had a great time.



4 comments:

Heidi D said...

I've always been happy that you share my passion for birthday parties.

Happy birthday to Leah. I remember her when she was only a few hours old. I can't believe it's been that long. :)

Leah and Lindsay will be the same age while we are there. Funny huh. :)

Kaysha Alesa said...

You always have the best birthday parties! I love it! CONGRATS to Leah bones. I wish i could have come.

Dad said...

Very cute picture. Please tell my skinny son-in-law...well, I'll tell'm when I see him.

Lili, we're so sorry we couldn't come up to be with you. You're so doggone cute!

Anonymous said...

Leah, You look so sweet and clean at your baptism. I remember how great if felt to be baptized. We are so proud of you and your decision to be baptized. It is so nice to have a father who can baptize you. We love you. gramma